CISV Brandywine Valley is seeking applicants to staff their 2021 Step Up (14-year-olds) to be held July 10th - August 1st. Applicants must be 21 or older prior to the start of the program and have attended both local and national leadership training.
The chapter is open to applications from the local, national, or international level. Each staff member will receive a stipend and transportation costs will be covered by the chapter as well. This 3-week program will be comprised of 1 Director, 4 Staff, and 9 delegations (4 participants and one adult leader) from 9 different nations. Throughout the program, participants will be challenged to plan, execute, and facilitate activities with assistance from their adult leaders. Staff members will be tasked with the following:
- Guide leaders to facilitate successful and thought-provoking activity planning with their participants
- Assist with logistical support for the camp at the direction of its Director and Step Up Planner. This may include:
- Planning excursions
- Event, activity, and evaluation facilitation
- Managing participants’ money
- Serving as point person for medical needs, including prescriptions and managing health and legal forms
- Assisting with filing of Incident Reports
- Other duties as Director sees fit
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Brandywine Valley CISV.
Don’t miss out on your chance to work in a fun, educational, and diverse environment (not to mention, it will also look great on CVs). Training will be offered/financed through the chapter either on the local level or through the applicant’s chapter. All Staff must attend the national Staff training to be held in Dallas, TX from March 27th-29th. If interested, please submit Staff-Leader Application, which includes confidential reference forms, to Brandywine Valley CISV. Learn more about Step Up.
The safety of our children is priority #1, so we urge you to get your background checks/clearances now so you are able help with events alongside your child right from the get-go.
The instructions and forms are here. Julie Manser is our new background check manager, and she can assist if you have questions about the process. Please notify her via email when you’ve submitted the online forms. Thank you!Email BV CISV if interested or have any questions. Thank you.