- This event has passed.
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - January 26 @ 10:30 am
Chapter Mini Camp is filled for girls, but we still have some spots open for boys. Boys, please register here.
Girls, please consider signing up for our waiting list here. That way, if someone drops off, we will be able to contact you.
The Weekend: We are happy to be able to offer a Chapter Mini-Camp to our BV JBers beginning Friday evening, January 24th, at 6:00 pm, to Sunday morning, January 26th at 10:30 am.
What does it mean? Come and find out at our January 2nd JB Meeting!
Theme: To be Announced at January 2nd JB Meeting
The Site: Refreshing Mountain Camp (RMC)
If you don’t need to know anything else, just register to attend here! by January 12th!
RMC is about 70 minutes west of West Chester. Our group will be staying in two large, heated cabins – one for males and male chaperones and one for females and female chaperones. Each cabin has a bunk bed-style sleeping configuration.
The camp has a designated meeting room for our use, as well as a gymnasium, Dining Hall and outdoor field use, weather permitting. To learn more about the site, visit: www.refreshingmountain.com. If you need to contact the site, call (717) 738-1490.
Attendees: As an organization dedicated to inclusivity, CISV Brandywine Valley welcomes youth with all experiences and backgrounds.
Chaperones: Chaperones are needed for the weekend – one chaperone for every 6 participants. You must be over 21 to chaperone and have background checks registered with the chapter (download the packet here or contact Julie Manser with questions). Please let us know if you can help by signing up below. Chaperone shifts are as follows:
Friday, 6:00 pm – Saturday, 2:30 p.m. or Saturday, 2:00 pm – Sunday, 11:00 a.m.
Chaperones are free! and encouraged to come and watch their child learn about CISV. Thank you!
Cost: The cost is $130, which includes a water bottle and exclusive CMC sticker! Price includes 2 nights, 4 meals (Saturday breakfast to Sunday breakfast). Registration must be received by January 12th!
Itinerary: Check-in is from 6:00–6:45 p.m. Friday January 24th. Please let us know if you will be arriving late. No dinner is served on Friday night. Pick-up Sunday is between 10:00 and 10:45 a.m
What to bring:
- Cold weather clothing (warm jacket, boots if needed)
- Comfy clothes
- Running shoes for games/activities
- Sleeping bag/pillow or twin bed linens (required or fee will be assessed)
- Required forms – see below
- Dietary needs? We will do our best to accommodate special diet requests (please indicate on registration form), but recommend that those with special dietary needs bring along their own supplemental FOOD and/or SNACKS. Refreshing Mountain provides cold storage space, as well as access to a microwave and toaster for food prep.
Do not bring laptops or expensive clothes/gadgets. Note that cell phone and MP3 player use will not be permitted by participants during the activities – and can only be used during free time.
- Each participant must register below. You will then have the option of paying by Paypal or by mailing a check made out to BV CISV. The cost is $130, which includes a water bottle and exclusive CMC sticker! Price includes 2 nights, 4 meals (Saturday breakfast to Sunday breakfast). Registration must be received by January 19th. Checks can be mailed to our chapter address: BV CISV, 1050 Airport Road, #5021, West Chester, PA 19380.
- Each participant must also complete the Youth Legal Form – USA. This form requires the signature of both the participant and a parent.
- You may sign up more than one person; at PayPal checkout, please add the appropriate number of registration fees. While we encourage campers to stay the entire weekend, if there are extenuating circumstances that won’t allow for this, we are offering a one-night option. Please email Sutton Faller or call 610-719-4935 if you have any questions
Be sure to bring the Youth Legal Form with you to camp. You must bring this form in order for your child to participate!
Transportation: CISV Brandywine Valley may send a list of attendees so that families may coordinate carpools on their own. CISV Brandywine Valley is not responsible for transportation to or from Chapter Mini-Camp. Parents are responsible for making personal arrangements for transportation for any member of their family participating in Chapter Mini-Camp.
Contact information and questions:
General questions: Email Sutton Faller or call 610-719-4935.
During camp: Please direct any questions to Bradford Rush, cell number is (419) 957-7564.
Once you register, you will be redirected to a page where you can pay via PayPal if desired. Thank you!
Once you register, you will also receive a confirmation email. Thank you and see you soon!