Why renew or join CISV?
- A membership to CISV helps to support all kinds of activities for young people and their families. We do more than just send members to international camps. We have activities to help build & bond our chapter of Brandywine Valley.
- Membership keeps you up to date on what is happening in our chapter. As a member you will receive all of our mailings.
- Membership makes you eligible for our international programs. Is a Village, Interchange, Step Up, Seminar Camp, or a leadership position on the horizon for you or your child this year? Join now and have fewer things to attach to your application. Application fees are waived for members.
- Membership helps pay our dues to the National Branch and to supplement travel & fees for members that we must send to mandatory National meetings and training.
- Even if travel plans are not on the agenda for your family this year, we still need your membership. Program fees do not cover all of our expenses. Remember there were many families supporting this chapter when you or your child traveled. We continue to count on the support of our past participants to keep this chapter strong. Your membership helps us to provide other families with opportunities that your family experienced.
- If you believe in Doris Allen’s mission for CISV, “to promote peaceful solutions to worldwide problems through cross-cultural relationships that nurture international understanding”, then you should appreciate the chapter’s commitment to send and host children for years to come.
Address general inquiries to
Parents, we understand that you want to be certain that participation in a CISV camp will be a worthwhile experience for your child. Here you can find general information that will answer some of your questions.
Our 2019 programs
“Our 2019 Programs have been announced: check out the places to go.
Although your child will make friends and have an exciting experience taking part in CISV, participation will have a much wider impact. Learn more about theCISV participation will have upon your child.
Although it may be your child who goes to the CISV activity, the experience is not just for children; it is a complete family experience.
We understand that you want to be sure your child is in safe hands. We see our participants as our priority.
CISV is a charity. While financing of our quality operations is essential, we endeavor to keep costs down through sensible planning and professional delivery of our programs. JB membership for Brandywine Valley is $10 a year per youth or a maximum of $20 per family.
NOTICE REGARDING TRANSPORTATION: CISV is not responsible for transportation to or from any CISV program, event or meeting hosted by our local chapter, or by chapter delegations. Parents are responsible for making personal arrangements for transportation for any member of their family participating in any local program, event or meeting.